Sunday, April 19, 2015

Step 11 Devotional - A New Hiding Place

BIBLE READING: 2 Samuel 22:1-33

We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of his will for us and the power to carry that out.

In the past we used our addiction as a hiding place when life became overwhelming. Now that we are in recovery, life can at times feel even more overwhelming. We’ll need a new place of refuge to escape the storms and find protection.

King David experienced many battles. He said of God: “The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. . . . I called on the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and he saved me from my enemies. The waves of death overwhelmed me; floods of destruction swept over me. The grave wrapped its ropes around me; death laid a trap in my path. But in my distress I cried out to the LORD; yes, I cried to my God for help. He heard me from his sanctuary; my cry reached his ears. . . . He is a shield for all who look to him for protection. For who is God except the LORD? Who but our God is a solid rock? God is my strong fortress, and he makes my way perfect” (2 Samuel 22:2-7, 31-33).

There will always be times when we feel the need for a safe place, the need to run and hide. God can be that hiding place. When we were in distress, surrounded by “waves of death” in our old life of sin, we called to God for help. He heard our cries and brought us to a place[…]”

Excerpt From: Tyndale House Publishers. “The Life Recovery Bible NLT.

No comments:

Post a Comment